On this episode of The Alliance Activity podcast, Andy Albright gives you three critical communication errors that people make on a regular basis.
- “I’ve never been more excited for our company, and we are about to go!”
- Belief is a big deal!
- Communication is the lubrication for financial affairs
- People mess up communication, we all mess up communication
- 1) People think that they are not important to tell a leader what is going on, and they think that their life is insignificant to the bigger deal
- NEED to communicate what is going on
- “You don’t tell me enough, because you don’t think you are important enough to me”
- If I communicate something to you, then I expect you to do it, it is your fault that you don’t do it
- If I don’t communicate something to you, it is my own damn fault that
- Communication is like two gears, you have your two gears grinding back and forth (those are the people) the communication is the lubrication to making the gears smooth.. Like WD-40
- 2) People get offended because they don’t communicate with them because they think you’re too important
- You assume that you told someone everything and they KNEW it, however they didn’t know at all.
- Information changes the situation
- Communication is the way to spread the information
- 3) Assume they know from the text or the email that was sent, the only way they can communicate
- Quit living the life of being scared and worried about getting hurt. Live a life of not afraid to get hurt, do more than expected!
- If you don’t have transparency then you don’t have true communication
- Someone needs to know that they can share affection
- Do you dare to talk about it, build a strong relationship, and find a friendship